Week 12 BVSc

Hello lovelies, I hope you all had an amazing week last week, I know I know I've been bad, I kind of gave up on the last two weeks of term. Staying at uni till the 21st almost killed me, everyone was just soooo tired and everyone just wanted to sleep. But I survived and I'm here to tell the tale, so no one fear. I hope you all had an amazing Christmas Day or whatever you celebrate at this time of year. I'm just going to recap the last two weeks of term quickly.

The penultimate week was utter bliss. Monday I had the grand total of 2 hours of lectures and then I just chilled which was such a lovely start to the week. Tuesday morning was weights as always and then a whole half day of lectures that were pretty much A-Level revision which I loved and then in the evening it was erg time and bed asap. Wednesday we had a heart practical which was very interesting we worked out that our dog had died from a pericardial effusion which is always super exciting, then after we cycled to rowing and I got to scull which was super super amazing, we got to go the opposite way down the river and it just felt so good to be back in a scull boat. On Thursday we were out at Langford and we got to do the cow practical which was so much fun, I got my bum licked by a cow for a solid 15 mins but i had to turn around an tell her that it wasn't appropriate as we were in public. In the evening I had erg which is always tiring after a long Thursday. Friday was another chill day all we really had was the tissue practical, and u have now decided that I hate them, i just don't understand and can't comprehend all of the tiny details. Saturday was just a chill day of S&C and making mice for the next week then in the afternoon jack came down, it was so lovely he booked us a nice restaurant and we had a  wonderful meal then went back and watched a movie and went to bed. I was up earlyish on Sunday to head off to Radley to row in their tank which was very fancy.

On to the HELL week. This was our final week of term and it went on forever. We had 5 Ebiolabs to do throughout the week and every day was a full day. It was a painful week to say the least. We had 2 case lectures which are 2 hours long and just take a lot of effort to concentrate in. We had our water session cancelled on Wednesday and so we had our flat Christmas meal which was lovely. And on Wednesday night I had an amazing night out with the rowers. We had karaoke from 8:30-11:30pm and I sang along to pretty much every song, we then went to OMG which is the gay bar by my halls, I bumped into some  old school friends then went back to dance with the rowers. Tom was my saving grace of the night, I felt like a human pinball and kept being shoved around and falling over so he was always there to support me. I went home at around 2am. The next day was quite a chill day I had no voice though because I'd been singing the whole of the night before. I then turned up for the erg session in the evening and only Tom turned up so we erged together which is always fun. Friday was a joke, the 21st of December and we had to be in for a 3 hour practical !!! i finished asap then ran to get the early train which was so lush and I was home by 3pm. The Saturday and Sunday at home I was up early 6:30 and 5:30 which was painful, but I needed to gym. I go some revision done which felt good and then on Monday I revised a lot and then had work 5-10:30 which was so nice to be back. Then off to bed and today is Christmas day and I've spent the day chilling, did about 3:30 hours of revision which was nice then we had Xmas dinner and I went to the gym after watching The Jungle Book, which felt so good, I managed to do 2 whole non-assisted pull ups which made me very happy.

I hope you have all had a wonderful few weeks, and a blessed Christmas day, I hope you have been able to spend the time with your families and friends, I'm sending my love to all of you and I hope the rest of your 2018 is all you could hope for, I'll be doing a post before the end of the year, remember to count you blessing and to keep smiling even through hard times.

Comments

Popular Posts