A 2018 review

Hello hello well what can I say. What a year it’s been for me. It’s been tough but so worth it. Apologies for not being super on it towards the end of the year but I hope you have enjoyed my life updates when I’ve been able to get them up here. I hope you have all had the most wonderful 2018 and I hope that next year is even better. I saw a post today about not making it “new year, new you” make it new year same you. Remember that you are all amazing and that you deserve the world. Self love is so important. Anyway here is a list of a few things I’m appreciative for this year both the highs and lows. 

So over the Christmas period I sad goodbye to my wonderful, gorgeous, beautiful dog. She was my rock and I do find being at home difficult without her however, I know that she is no longer in pain and is looking down at me from doggy heaven. I am so great full for everything she taught me over the years and for all the times she listened to my problems and calmed me down. 

Next big thing getting into uni. This is my main aim of the year and I can’t really believe I’m here it’s so amazing to be able to say I’m a vet student. People understand how hard I had to work for it and it all feels worth it. Yes I was having to work 2 jobs whilst trying to revise for my retakes however i feel like the time i spent in my year off has truly shaped me into the student I am today. I am so appreciative of my tutors who got me to this point and I can’t wait for the next 5 years of learning and tonnes of student debt. 

A year ago on the 7th January I met my boyfriend. Jack I know you won’t read this but I love you so much thank you for always being there for me and supporting me. I can’t wait to see what 2019 has in store for us. 

Looking back I made some incredible friends at my two jobs this year. I still talk to quite a few people I worked with at Sainsbury’s and from the pub. Well I’m back there working now so I still talk to them and all the people who have left the pub I still meet up with them. I feel so lucky because I never really had friends at school and this year has really allowed me to express myself and become friends with people who actually want to give me the time of day. 

I have been on so wonderful holidays this year and I feel so lucky to have experienced everything I did. A wonderful all inclusive ski holiday in January, a trip to Madrid in June and a week sailing around Croatian islands in September. All of them have truly been phenomenal and though I know I won’t get the chance to do such amazing things in 2019 I still can’t wait to see where I end up. 

I hope that you have all had a wonderful year. This is a wonderful time to reflect on everything that’s happened and to set goals for the year to come. I wish all of you all the best. Bring on 2019! 



Comments

Popular Posts