Week 23 BVSc, Becoming a senior

To overcome difficulties is to experience the full delight of existence, that's the quote from my planner this week. It made me think life is full of unexpected hardships and struggles but we always get through them and they make us stronger, better and wiser people. I hope you all had a wonderful week last week and achieved many great things, I'm just going to recap my week and what I learnt about myself.

Firstly last week I got moved up to the senior rowing squad which is great news, it is what I was aiming towards the whole year, yes it is slightly stressful because non of my novice buddies are moving up with me which is sad but I know that after Easter they will all join me. Initially I got quite stressed because I thought they did more session than I used to do but actually it's the same just more volume in the sessions. I'm okay with that because I enjoy pushing myself and finding new limits for myself. I'm also going to try and listen to my body and get more sleep, I feel like an average of 6 hours and 25 mins per night last week just wasn't enough and I'm setting myself up to fail. I'll keep you updated on how it all goes. Not going to lie I am slightly worried that I can't train over Easter due to my lambing placement and all the seniors go back to uni a week before me which I can't do so I feel like I'm really going to be on the back foot going into the summer term.

Recently in lectures we have been doing the endocrine and reproductive system, and I don't want to speak too soon but I'm semi-getting all of this, I feel like at the moment I can kind of piece everything together which is good. Hopefully when it comes to revision this section won't be too hard though the hormones are quite complex with how they affect different body tissues. I have continued to dictate my cardiovascular respiratory notes into my phone so that hopefully it makes revision slightly easier in the holidays. Not sure if I mentioned it last week but I passed my abstract task which I knew wasn't going to be a strong assessment, but a pass is a pass so I'm happy about that.

Last week I decided to take my first full day off uni and not go to lectures, this may seem so small to many people but for me it was a big decision and it took me most of the week to decide. I chose to do this on Thursday because I felt that the lectures out in langford weren't going to be overly important for me and that I would get much more work done if I were to stay in Bristol and revise all day. I did get a whole lot of work done and I so happy I made the decision. All I have to say is that if you do decide to take a day off use it wisely, I made sure that I planned my whole day out so that I got the most out of my day.

Finally I had such a lovely weekend, I went home and even though I did get a little bit of work done, I did spend time with my family and with my best friend Abbie and with my boyfriend Jack. Sometimes I feel like just going home for the weekend is such a good way to reset. I do struggle to balance but at home I find it easier to switch off from everything, I can''t wait for the holidays and to be at home everyday, I don't think about it day to day but I really miss the countryside, my village is so quiet and relaxing.

Anyway there's just a short recap of my week and things that happened. I hope you all had a good week last week and next week I'm going to try and do a more scientific post so I'll get reading the news and see what I can find. Remember people, keep smiling, smile at people in the street you never know it could make their day.   

Comments

Popular Posts