Staying on top of things Week 21 maybe ?

Hello lovelies, I hope you are all doing really well. I find it weird that I write that because it is so unlikely that any of you will come back to read this week after week, especially once you've had a sample of my writing skills. Oh well, hope you enjoy. Today I'm just going to be talking about just working on staying on top of things in the lead up to my Easter holiday.

This Easter I'm lambing for the whole 3 weeks of my holiday, which is going to be interesting... Easter is a time for many university students to cram in all the work and revision they weren't doing during term time. For me it is a very different story, because I don't really have any holiday I'm having to pre-plan all of my revision now and stay on top of all of my lectures now so that when it gets to Easter I can get on with my revision efficiently. I'm just going to do a little bullet point list about how I stay on top of things, I know this may be a repeat for the rare few of you who have read more than this one blog but please keep reading :)

  1. PLAN; I recently treated myself to a new planner, and I don;t know about you guys but I love planners, lists and stationary they just make me so happy. Anyway I digress, the planner I invested in was the Passion Planner, I can't recommend it enough, it has each day split into 30 min slots from 6am to 10pm which for me is perfect for my normal day. Each week I like to put everything into this planner, I colour code it and I also write out my shopping lists and other to do lists ( I'll insert a picture at the bottom ). This really helps be because for me I have to plan chill time and this has helped so much, also being able to see my whole week planned out calms me down and allows me to use my time most effectively. 
  2. SET GOALS; I try to do this each day, just one goal or aim for the day, for example getting a set of work done or just trying to be present in the day. I find this helps because again it allows me to be efficient and to get everything done to a time slot and it means that I can tick something off my list once its done. 
  3. KEEP GOING; I sometimes find it tricky to keep going, well kind of with me I struggle to stop but I just like to make sure that I have something to look forward to, for example I've already set all of my targets for my Easter revision and how I'm going to fit it all in. Even though this means that right now I'm running myself into the ground it means that come Easter I am less stressed and I am as prepared as I can be for exams. 
  4. PHONES DOWN; I really struggle with this, I've set myself an aim to put my phone on the forest app for a least 2 hours a day at the moment, I'm doing OK on that but by the time I get to full revision I'm only going to have my laptop in the room because that'll work best for me. 
  5. HOW I REVISE; So this is something I'm still working out how to perfect this, I've personally not worked out how I learn best but this means that over Easter I have planned loads of different ways of revising, so that should be fun. I'll insert a picture below of my revision mind map so you can see roughly how I plan, I've aimed to get 2 hours done over each day this is around 12 hour shifts on the farm. So hopefully it'll all work out. 
  6. MEAL PREP; I swear by this, if I'm on it with my food then I feel put together the whole week and a lot less stressed because it means I don't have to think about what I'll eat that day, I can just get it out of the fridge and heat it up at meal times. Also being able to track what I'm eating is so good for all of the training I do. 
So there is just a few things that I try to do to make sure that I stay on top of things, I know that sometimes this can be really tough, but trust me it is so much easier to stay on top of things, than getting behind and having to stress out even more later on. I hope you have enjoyed reading this and if you enjoyed it then I hope to see you back here next week. Remember to smile because you never know it could make someones day. 

Comments

Popular Posts