My Weekend Away


Last week was a week that couldn’t go quick enough. I had a really useful lab session on Tuesday and on Wednesday despite it being wet and miserable I had a good rowing session. On Thursday incredibly I was able to leave Langford early at 1pm and head home that evening to start my long weekend!

I always love being home, I love my bed oh and my family. On Friday morning I went back to my old school and had a lush chat with my old chem and bio teachers, also attempted to give some of the 6th formers some advice but who knows if they’ll take it. Then I picked up Jack and we headed off to Devon. The drive was long…. Jack fell asleep 1 hour in and I just had the time of my life singing along to ma musical playlist. I have to say that I love driving, it is one of the only times I can sing my heart out and go all out.

We arrived at the hotel and it was so lush, we checked in and went up to the room the bathroom was huge and the bed was huge. We became true children and went to explore the hotel, they had a cinema and a gym and a spa and a pool, multiple restaurants and seating areas. First on our to do list was SPA and gym. The gym was so cool the machines had no weights but they were all run off air pressure which was super cool. There were so machines in there that I’d never seen before, all exciting things to try out. The spa was so nice and relaxing, I forgot how nice it was to just sit in a steam room and sauna and just exfoliate my skin and relax. After passing out on our bed after the SPA visit we went down to dinner. I had an amazing rhubarb and custard cocktail, that had GIN in it !! and I don’t like gin. We ate a lot…. And after we went into a food coma and I fell asleep.

Saturday we got woken up by housekeeping haha and rushed down to breakfast, where we proceeded to eat too much again, I mean if you put unlimited food in front of me then I’m going to keep eating! After a windswept walk on the beach we watched some TV and then went to the spa again. It was a very lazy day, I read my book for a bit which was so amazing because I can’t remember the last time I sat down and read a book. We got ready for a posh dinner which was nice but I wouldn’t say I enjoyed it as much as  the first nights meal. After we turned back into kids and ran to the store in the rain to buy chocolate and sweets…. I ended up becoming really tired and yet again had to force myself to get ready for bed and I fell asleep.

Sunday, I woke up early and did a lush HIIT session in the gym before an early breakfast, again I ate too much but I’d just gymed so that makes up for it, doesn’t it? We then spa’d again just last minute before we had to check out. The drive back yet again was long but I sang the whole way again. Then it was back to reality and back to uni for the last push up to Easter.

I hope you all had an amazing week last week, I really learnt that I can relax and taking a whole weekend off was something I really needed. From now on I am going to try and have a 1 day weekend. I’ll keep you updated on how that’s going and I hope that you all have a wonderful week. Don’t forget to smile because you never know it could make someone’s day.    

Comments

Popular Posts