Week 5 BVSc

Hello hello everyone I hope you have had an amazing week and that you’ve made some people smile. As always I'm going to do a recap of the week however I've thought of a way to make it slightly easier to read for each day I'm going to write up to 5 points that were good or bad things in my days. So here goes the new layout I hope you like it.

Monday 
  1. I had an amazing leg session in the gym, no super heavy weights but I felt like my form was really on point which made the rest of my day good.
  2. A lecture on the introduction to our DSE poster presentation was a little bit stressful but nothing I can't sort out by a quick group chat and we had a meeting organised for our group for Wednesday. 
  3. I went to my erg session for rowing on Monday and I decided to cycle I left an hour before but it only took me 20 mins to cycle. Oh well ! the session was super good despite me being the only girl with 9 guys!
  4. I feel like I made good notes on my cardiovascular system lecture which made me happy, I'm currently trying to change up how I'm consolidating my knowledge so I feel like that was a step in the right direction. 
Tuesday 
  1. This mornings gym session was with the trainer and it all went really well, its so tough not lifting the heavy weights but also having to think so much about every muscle in your body. 
  2. Funny story on Tuesday I diagnosed myself with Ehlers-Danles syndrome which is basically a defect within the collagen gene and it causes people to have super stretchy skin, hypermobile joints, skin that doesn't heal properly, and that bruises and scars easily. I basically have all of those to an extent but I don't have some of the other symptoms, but I messaged my mum who was like yeah you could have it but what are the doctors going to do about that. anyway story over. 
  3. I had an osmosis practical which went really well and my group got really good results, the post lab quiz was pretty difficult and they messed around the tables so that we had to triple check what we were putting in to get the right answers.
  4. The library was good I spent a controlled amount of time there only about 2:30 hrs and I'd done 2 hours earlier in the day. 
Wednesday 
  1. I had a really good practical in the morning on the lymphatic system and the cardiovascular system and I felt like I was starting to feel like I was getting to know things and be able to record them more easily. 
  2. Then I got lost in our vet building trying to find my way to my tutor meeting, I swear that place is a maze like the one in harry potter. The meeting went well and highlighted some things that I could be doing differently in my studying within my own time. So I've started making flash cards instead of writing out my lecture notes again. 
  3. I discovered a wonderful new place to study in Bristol called beacon house, a lush study building right in the centre. 
  4. Swimming, the love of my life, I did a hard session because for some reason I've agreed to do a swim meet on the 18th November and I am not ready to say the least. 
  5. Walking back I decided that I was going to have a chill evening so Hebe and I watched chalet girl because we couldn't be bothered to go out to the big sports social night that was going on. 
Thursday 
  1. 2 two hour mental health lecture got me in such a great mood... most of the things I already do because if you've been following this blog for any amount of time you will know I'm always pressing you to try out the Headspace app and having a positive mental attitude. 
  2. I GOT TO WALK A DOGGO! yes I was very excited about this he was a French pointer called Wilf and he was soooooooo sweet I had a great time walking him for 30 mins over lunch time. 
  3. An afternoon of stroking fake cats really topped off my Langford day. And though it was useful it was safe to say I couldn't wait to get home. 
  4. After my rowing talk I walked back via Sainsburys and I bought some doughnuts then gave the whole packet to the homeless man who was sat outside. It's small acts of kindness like that which not only make you feel better but make someone elses life that little bit easier and have a little bit more hope. 
Friday 
  1. I pumped out a super good gym session on abs and upper body which felt amazing until the evening cardio session at rowing which contained a whole lot of running and erg and just generally hurt. 
  2. I had a lab which went ok I learnt some new things about dyes that I didn't know about before and then I had an effing hard lecture on embryology, the lady went way too fast and expected us to just get it which I didn't and same with most of the people on my row. She was showing us pictures of developing embryos and telling us what we were looking at was going to become. 
  3. I didn't get loads of work done in the library but hey I didn't have lots to do in the library. 
  4. I then went back to the flat and grabbed some food, then I realised it was 18:30 and I had to rush to cycle to rowing to get there on time. I've already mentioned rowing but its the news after that's the fun bit. 
  5. I was cycling back from rowing at 8pm and going up the hill my bike chain came off and completely jammed which was super annoying I spent 10 mins trying to get it out then spent 15  mins waiting for a bus which I couldn't get on, so I had to walk over the downs in the dark and then free wheel down the hill and every time it became flat I had to get off and walk. Safe to say that that ruined my day. 
Saturday 
  1. I did not want to get up. It was TOO cold, I knew I had circuits to get to. They turned out not to be too bad my friend Emily was still drunk which made it amusing and after we walked back down the hill and Emily cooked my breakfast, the cutie. 
  2. I STUDIED, surprise surprise I know but it's what I do best. 
  3. Gold medal moment, I managed to work the washing machine without it double charging me!
  4. I had a wonderful cooked from frozen pizza that was just utterly incredible. 
  5. I bought a sandwich for a homeless guy and it made me feel good. 

Fun Facts 
If you are wanting to study veterinary here are some interesting things that you have to learn about.
  • The nutrition side of things; yes you do have to learn at some point how grass grows and the exact nutrients it holds, who knew !?
  • This may seem obvious you have to know exactly how to do everything that the veterinary nurses can do because these are classed as day one competencies. 
  • You have to know about thermodynamics, this is in terms of housing which for me is just a no, I try to forget anything to do with physics. 
There's just three random things that we were told only this week that we had to lean about.

Aims and Tips 
  1. Try and give someone with less than you something this week trust me it will make you feel better. 
  2. I need to take more time for myself next week. 
  3. I need to ace the rowing trails I can't wait to be on the squad with Emily. 
  4. I would say try to meal prep both lunch and dinners its helped me so much this week to be less stressed. 
  5. I need to meditate every night to try get in the right headspace for the next day. 
  6. Try keeping a tidy room and not working in there its a space for relaxing not thinking about work. 
That's all for today folks I hope you liked the layout a bit more this week, I can't wait to come back next week with more things to tell you, please try and have an amazing week and just remember to smile at people ( and cuddle lots of dogs ) they always make things better. Thank you so much for reading. 









Comments

Popular Posts