Mediation and Smart Phones

Hello everyone I hope you all had a good week last week. Sorry I didn’t get around to posting last week. Not that any of you will have noticed but still I’m going to try and do two posts this week. I hope that you are all well and enjoying life. Hopefully I’m England at some point the weather is going to get nicer because at the moment it’s hard to be all happy chappy all the time when the weather is so bad. Anyway on with today’s blog. I’ve just been reading some of the news and two articles caught my eye.

The first was about an app that has been developed by people at the university of Edinburgh. It aims to inform aid worker around the world of welfare issues that can occur when dealing with stray dogs. Many governments have installed programmes that try to sterilise street dogs called “catch-neuter-return” the app allows the workers to track the welfare of these dogs during the process. The apps gives the workers tools that help them recognise the signs of distress in the dogs. This is in order to try and prevent the welfare issues that can possibly arise in the situation of transport and surgery.

The next article was about a mediation service that has been set up by RCVS. It is a service to offer an unbiased non veterinary opinion in the case of a customer-vet complaint. It was found that 8% of complaints aren’t handled in the veterinary clinic so this service was bought into place to try and lower that percentage. And vets have said they really like it and the figure of unresolved cases has dropped to 3%. It is called the Veterinary Client Médiation Service (VCMS). The service is run by Norfolk based Nockolds Solicitors. Jennie Jones one of the partners at Nockolds Solicitors expresses her surprise for how well this system worked having warned the RCVS that it may not work as well as a similar service set up by them for the optical industry, due to the strong “emotional connection” between pets and owners. She went on to say that communication is key and that most disputes stem from a breakdown in the communication chain. What this service tries to do is get the communication chain back on track so that the vet can talk to the client and explain their reasoning.

So that’s all from me for today I hope you enjoyed this short blog. I really like the idea of the mediation service I think that getting an outsiders opinion can often really help a situation because they can’t take either side without first hearing and reasoning both sides. I hope you like this I shall see you back here later on in the week for another blog. Hope you all have a wonderful week I TIL then and just remember to keep smiling and be kind.

Comments

Popular Posts