Catch up

Hello everyone. I hope that you are all well and having a lovely Easter. I as always have been super busy this week yet again, I was working three jobs which was interesting. This week I’m just going to do a bit of a catch up of where I am at the moment and touch on a few news articles.

So currently I hold one offer for veterinary at university which is for Liverpool, Bristol have now emailed me twice and said they are still considering my offer which I guess is good but I would like to know. This year I’m only going to pick one veterinary choice then the second will be animal science at Nottingham. Within the next few weeks I am hoping to apply for student finance which should go though all ok. But before I can do that I do want to have heard back from all my universities.

My studies are going well. Admittedly I haven’t done loads this week because I’ve been so busy but I have been trying to get as much done as possible. I’ve been continuing to go to my chemistry tutors which is going well I’m still struggling with the inorganic and physical chemistry but I’m slowly getting there. I’ve started doing chemistry papers now to get my brain into the way they ask questions. I have good days and bad days with my chemistry some days I panic and think I’m going to fail and other days I believe in myself and trust that I can do this. For my maths I’m feeling good about it I’ve been doing lots and lots of papers which has been making me feel confident because I’ve been getting pretty good grades in all of them. There is still a lot to do and I have no plans of slowing down leading up to the exams.

On the job front I’m still working at Sainsbury’s two days a week and I have started working fewer days at the pub which is weird. However my best friend has just started working at my pub which is really nice. The group of people working at the pub at the moment is really nice I feel so comfortable there it’s so nice. Obviously around my exams I am going to cut down to the minimum. And this week I also found out I can’t have my holiday I wanted in the summer from Sainsbury’s. So I think I’m going to work the whole summer just to get more money in the bank. Also I won’t have to concentrate on any academics so I can work everyday which is good.

In the news more steps are being taken to get CCTV cameras in all abattoirs in Wales and Scotland which will be a step in the right direction for animal welfare in the UK. And also as it’s Easter vets have been warning owners to be extra careful about having chocolate in the reach of companion animals. I did a blog a while back about why chocolate is toxic to dogs which you can read if you’d like. But it was found that last year 6/10 companion animal vets had at least one case of chocolate poisoning. So please everyone be really careful make sure all chocolate is out of reach of your pets.

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter and didn’t find this update about my life too boring. I hope to see you back here next week if you liked it and if you didn’t at least I tried. Remember to keep smiling and be happy about the small things in life :).

Comments

Popular Posts