x-rays, a thing of the past

hello hello again, or if you are new welcome and I hope you enjoy this short blog post. I'm writing a shorter one this week because I feel that last weeks one went on a bit. On another note the 15th October is fast approaching and anyone want to apply for veterinary medicine at a UK university must have submitted their UCAS by then, I'm so so so close to being done one final check of my personal statement and I think that will be it sent off. I sort of worried because last year I got all 4 interviews and 3 offers what if this year because I'm having to reapply I won't get any interviews, oh well what will be will be I cant do anything about their decisions.

On with the blog, so this week an article caught my attention, it was talking about some research being done by Edinburgh University and Heriot-Watt University, they are looking to develop a camera that can detect a photon through 20cm of tissue under normal light conditions. Now the reason this would be so beneficial to vet and doctors alike is because in the past when using a endoscope for example a vet wouldn't be able to tell exactly where the endoscope was placed in the animal however with this research the camera that is hopefully going to be produced is going to be able to tell when the endoscope is, because the light at the end of the endoscope releases photons, these are the particles that this new camera can detect.

Once developed the researchers have said that it will aid vets massively saving time and money, the operations will be able to be carried out faster and more successfully without the use of a x-ray machine to track the utensils, this will save money because the operations will be quicker and the expensive x-ray imaging won't have to be used, also it cuts down on how exposed the animal is to the x-rays which is good because they can have negative side effects.

The researchers hope that once this product is available it will be portable and fairly cheap, which will help bring the veterinary and medicine professions in line with the techniques used in todays world.

Thank you very much for reading I'm sorry it was so short, if you would like to read some more of what I have to say then please feel free I have 56 other blog posts just begging to be read, I hope you enjoy them. If that was more than enough bad punctuation and overly long sentences for you then I hope you found it interesting and you come back next week to see what I come up with. Again thank you for reading hope you all have a wonderful week.

Comments

Popular Posts