Check in

Hello everyone, I am now 19, one year older hopefully a bit wiser and more optimistic about my future. I hope you all have had a wonderful week so far, I went up to London and watched Hamilton the west end hip-pop rap musical, OMG it was phenomenal just insane. If anyone who is reading this gets a chance to go see it anywhere in the world take the chance it tells a wonderful story and is so cleverly written.

Anyway so today is just a check in from me because its 11:05pm and I have to be up early. As always my computer decided to reboot at 10pm so I had to wait. But here goes, so scanning through the news I saw a title that said do we clean out our pets bowls enough? This really made me think, because our pets are eating out of their bowls every day and well we eat off plates everyday however we wash our plates after every use. I think that we should do the same with our pets bowls because they come in from outside where they have been sniffing with their noses to the ground picking up bacteria and dirt and then they come in and eat and drink which will spread the bacteria and other nasty harmful things into their food and water. So to try and prevent a build up of this bacteria and other microorganisms which could be harmful to our pets we should wash their bowls frequently. I would say the food one every day and the water one every other day or so. So that's just my thoughts on that.

Next matter on the cards is sleep. Now I know that I talk a lot about mental health and sleep ad self care and I know it's not directly linked to veterinary however I find that this stuff is easy for me to write about because it is something I have first hand experience of and know about therefore I like to pass on my knowledge and try to help other people. With the veterinary stuff on this blog yes I find it super interesting but because I don't have the foundation of veterinary knowledge that I will have I find that harder to write about simply because it's not something I've had first had experience of or learnt about. Anyway sleep is something I feel I'm not getting enough of at the moment I think that this is because I have been ill so I haven't been getting as much of my academics done as I would like. Therefore I am panicking that I won't get into university again so I'm working later into the evenings and trying to get as much done as possible. I know that this all sounds silly and I should just switch off for a bit however I am so worried about my academics and getting everything sorted and ready for the summer and I feel like I've plateaued and am going back down hill which is a horrible feeling. However I am trying to work through it, I am cutting down my hours at the pub so that I can concentrate on my academics more and also I am going to try and get back into a sleeping pattern rhythm of doing a pre-bed workout then getting to bed by 11pm and being up nice and early. I believe that stuff like this, learning how to look after your body is so important and will make me a better vet because the job is so demanding and if I can learn now to listen to my body it will help me later on in life.

So thank you everyone for reading, yes I know it's short and I promise a long one next week, hope the rest of your week goes really well. Remember to be happy, count your blessings and smile. See you next time.  

Comments

Popular Posts