University update

Hello lovely people who read this blog, I hope that you are all well and having an amazing week wherever you are in the world. I'd just like to start by saying thank you so much to the people who read this I know that each week it's only like 13 people but that means so much to me that people actually do read this. So today I'm just going to be talking about my university application process the second time around and just general stuff.

So as I think I mentioned last week or maybe I didn't, I have been invited for an interview up in Liverpool again which is so amazing. I'm so thankful that I have been given this opportunity once again and I am so ready to show them how I've matured since last year. My approach to interviews is very laid back. Last year at school I didn't ever really have a proper practice interview so my approach was go in there and have 0 answers prepared because then any answer which came into my head would be truthful and though not put across in the best way every time at least it was truthful.
I think that last year this really helped me through my interviews because I didn't go into any of them nervous because I knew that I was going to answer truthfully and if the university didn't like my answer or how I articulated myself then they obviously weren't the university for me.

So again this year I am going to adopt the same idea, however this year I think that I will be able to better articulate myself and show that I'm more mature. Hopefully this will work like it did last year where I got 3 offers but we'll have to wait and see. Now I also have been asked to do an extra questionnaire for Bristol university which is another step closer to an interview there. This year I am noticing a lot more that the universities are asking about professional attributes and though I know my answers weren't perfect they were very truthful which I believe is a really important attribute for the veterinary profession because being truthful builds a foundation of trust with the clients and with your team which is vital when working in a practice, it also allows you to be truthful with yourself so that if you are struggling then you can admit that and seek the help and support you need.

I know that the chance of someone reading this who is actually applying to veterinary it like 0.01% but if you are that 0.01% out there and you are going for interviews please remember to be yourself and answer truthfully if you are truly passionate about the course and about having a carrier in veterinary then you will do amazingly and your answers will show that. I am a strong believer that what will be will be and if you project assurance and love for what you are talking about then the people around you will feel that too. You are the best version of yourself, no one else can be you so show the universities that and see what happens.

So thank you again for reading this I hope it was interesting sorry if I blabbed on a bit I just want to share my experiences so that maybe in the future others can learn from them. I hope you have an amazing week, remember to be happy, count your blessings and smile. I'll see you next week.

Comments

Popular Posts