When did I want to become a vet?

Hello I know I said last week that I may write about genetics today however I decided against it as I found something else I wanted to talk about. Another thing is that these posts may become less frequent over the next few months as at school I have exams my A2's and this whole blog wouldn't be very useful if I didn't get  into university, so I will try to keep up and also over the summer it is very unlikely that I will post as I will be traveling for 5-6 weeks, a may change to doing a travel blog for those weeks just to switch things up a bit. Anyway on with todays topic. When did I want to become a vet?

So I saw in the news on the BVA website that 46% of vets working in the UK had decided they wanted to become vets before leaving primary school. For me this is true I remember when I was younger always caring for animals and wanting to look after them. I found it hard to make friends but I always knew that my dog was there to listen. I've always had a deep connection with my dog, she is the world to be and I think she is one of the reasons I want to become a vet, as she ignited my love for animals and determination to help them. Yes I did go through those phases when I wanted to be a ballet dancer or an artist but always in the background I've wanted to work with animals. I think deciding you want to be a vet early on is so helpful because it helps to motivate you through all of the tough times and also it allows you to start getting work experience early so that you can be certain you want to be a vet and so that your application is as strong as possible.

At one stage I did want to be a farmer but from that I changed back to wanting to be vet as I knew it would push me more mentally. The other day I was clearing out my room when I found an old diary and inside the front cover it said life goals; 1.leave school at 16, 2. meet a farmer, 3. get married 4. live on a farm, 5. run a farm shop with all own produce. I wrote this when I was about 9 or 10 and it makes me laugh, I've told a few friends this and they just say " wow you were s realistic when you were little". And though that would have been the easier path to take, I wanted to fulfil my ambition to become a vet, yes it's extremely hard and the stress something I'm not sure if it's worth it but I have to remind myself that this time of high stress and exams will end. Hopefully everything crossed this year I will get the grades I need go to university. I keep trying to picture myself on results day breaking down in tears of joy, after having got the grades knowing that all the work I've put in has been worth it. I know I'm working as hard as possible and I'm praying that these summer exams go well because I have put in so much time and effort that falling at the last hurdle may break me. At interviews this year I met quite a few people who were trying for a second time and I now understand how hard that must be for them and I applaud them, I hope that if it comes to that I will be strong enough to give it another go. I know I will because I won't be satisfied until I have achieved my goal and I know I wont stop until I'm receiving my degree at graduation.

So that's all for today I know its not very long or at all informative, but thank you for sticking at it if you are still reading and I'll try and think of something more informative to write about next week. Hope you all have a lovely day.

Comments

Popular Posts