Revision and COVID-19

Hello lovely people, I hope that you are all well in light of the current climate. No matter where you are in the world I am sure you have all been affect in some way by COVID-19. I want to wish you all the best from the UK, we are currently on lockdown all restaurants, pubs, cafes, cinemas, gyms, schools and leisure centres have been shut down, it is a crazy world we are living in the government have just released today that people really need to stop bulk buying as we have enough food and enough food in the supply chain. It is so horrid to see that some of the more vulnerable are going without the food they need from day to day. I am lucky enough to be able to help out and work at my mums doctors practice next week in order to try and alleviate some of the pressure on the practice. I hope you are all staying safe are listening to your governments guidelines to help protect everyone from this virus.

Some more on my revision, as of yet the Veterinary students at Bristol University don't know what will be happening their exams and assessments for the rest of the year. Hence I am revising and just waiting to here what is happening. It is frustrating that we don't know what is happening with the rest of our teaching for the year and whats going on with our exams but everyone on my cohort is in the same boat and we all just have to get on with revising the parts of the course that we have been taught and going with that.

This year I am trying a few different revision techniques, even though we are having an extended Easter holiday (5 weeks) I am working for 3 of those weeks, 2 of them will be in lambing which I technically don't have to go to however I believe that it would be very rude and unfair of me to not go and do the work that I have agreed to do for the Shepard. As I am working quite a bit I am having to be very organised and efficient with my revision. This year I have noted that I have struggled with retaining the amount of information that we are being taught especially in Animal Disease and in Neurology. Many people have suggested the easiest way to learn these units is to wrote learn them however this has never worked for me, I find it very difficult to bulk learn information I just can't retain that much in my brain at once so I am trying some new methods and here they are.

  1.  Writing my own questions and answers; I am doing this for some of my Animal Disease unit, I know that this is like wrote learning, however I am doing it because it will allow me to get my friends and family to test me and it will allow me to test myself easily and in a slightly different way to quizlet and the more conventional flashcards. 
  2.  I am making voice notes; I did this a little last year however this year I am trying to utilise it more efficiently and effectively and making sure that the voice notes are concise and that they make sense to me when I am listening back to them. 
  3.  Using 3D anatomy website; So I have found that this year that the website VIN has been super useful for my anatomy learning and animal management learning. I find it so much easier when I am able to see what I am learning about. 
  4.  Posters; Now I have always done this but this year rather than just writing everything onto a poster I want to try and plan them and make them contain enough information but be concise at the same time. So that hopefully I will be able to recap topics and remind myself of the necessary information quickly and simply when revising for my exams that may or may not be happening. 
These are the methods I am using at the moment, now I know that I haven't perfected the method that is best for me to revise either that or I'm just dumb.... (laughing emoji), I would love to hear the different ways that you are revising and what you find works best for you. I hope that you have all enjoyed reading this and I'll probably do a post about my lambing experience this year. Stay safe, wash your hands, and try keep the self distancing/ isolation this going. 


Comments

Popular Posts