BIG CHANGES

Hello lovely people I hope that you are all well and have all just had a wonderful long bank holiday weekend. On Sunday morning I returned from one of the most incredible weeks in Croatia. Now as you know I've done a few posts on mental health on this blog and a few recently and I am really trying to make the change in my life to improve my mental health. So here goes.

I had the most amazing week away, I travelled by myself and it was such a freeing experience I had no one else to worry about and it was so nice for myself to be my only priority as this is very rarely the case. I spent the whole week doing absolutely nothing which is you have read any of my post you will know is an absolute miracle. I felt so happy and so content. Yes I had my good and my bad days however I spent time during my week away to listen to the Chimp Paradox (audiobook). This is a truly wonderful book and helps you to understand you mind and the reasons behind how it works and why sometimes you can almost wake up and think why was I feeling that or behaving like that. I  think that in order for me to put this book to practice I will have to listen to it again and make more notes however it was a very useful book to listen to.

This year at uni I have also planned to make some big changes. First off NO ROWING, I did enjoy it this past year however I feel like it will be best for my mental health if I didn't continue. I still love the gym and keeping fit but now instead of competing my sights are set on helping others love what they do as well. So this year I am taking a swim teacher training course so that I can coach swimming which has been and will always be my first love and I'm so glad to be going back to it. If you read back in a previous blog I believe I explained all of the way I believe that swimming and sport helped shape the person I am today and I'd love to be able to help younger kids find a love for the sport. I am also hoping to take my pt level 2 certificate. This will allow me to potentially coach classes at the gym at uni and I'm hoping to start a HIIT circuit class for some of the girls on my course and grow it from there, I'll also have the possibility of taking some classes at the gym I go to at home during the holidays which will be so amazing to be able to be in a place I love so much and be able to be helping others. I have also promised myself 1 rest day a week I believe that this will help me to achieve my goals, with rowing there were no rest days and so I had it in my mind that this was the right way to go about it and to constantly train but I realise now that it is not. Now that I'll also have weekends I'll be able to relax and spend time going to see friends and also doing some work! I can't wait for this year and all it is going to bring to the table I want to develop myself as a coach and a student and a friend. I know that this year I have become cut off and very destructive in my mindset towards myself however this year I am going to do everything in my power to change this, I do admit that I need help as I've realised I can't fix everything by myself and learning to accept help from others is going to be good for me, I know I don't have to constantly be pleasing other and that I can do things for me that make me happy without answering to other people.

In other news I have a new puppy, now as a family we didn't want to buy a puppy we wanted to adopt preferably a GSP from Serbia however due to my parents working hours this became a near impossible task despite having owned a GSP for 17 years! So everyone welcome Luna into the family she's a little whippet 13 weeks old and she sleeps most of the day with the occasional crazy 30 mins, she's already established herself as a sofa dog but we adore her and just pray that training continues to go well.
I hope that you all have a wonderful rest of your week and don't forget to count your blessings and smile at others because you never know it could make their day.

Comments

  1. Veterinary is the professsion of modern era, every student want this profession to be enrolled. I am also a veterinarian and working with pets. Thanks for your information.
    acidosis and alkalosis

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts