Adulting

Hello lovely people I hope that you are all doing well and loving the summer. So I am now 3 weeks into the 6 weeks of placement I have this summer. I cannot wait to finish I'm not going to lie, I feel like when I finish I'll be able to enjoy my summer and relax more. At the moment I am having to look after the house for two weeks while everyone in my family is away in Europe. I'm just going to go over some things that I've learnt over my placement weeks so far and how I'm finding having to be an adult.

So I know they say that when you turn 18 you are an adult and in some sense of it yes you are but I feel like it's only in writing, looking after the whole house and garden by myself these two weeks has been an eye opening experience. Every morning getting up I can't just go and eat my breakfast get dressed and leave the house there is a whole list of jobs that I need to do before leaving for an 8:30-5:30 working day. These include doing the watering, opening up the greenhouse, letting the chickens out and feeding them along with opening up the curtains in the house and tidying the kitchen and putting on the alarm before leaving. Now I realised before that all of this had to be done however when you are the sole person in charge of doing this then it really does show how much there is to do. Adulting is tough, trying to manage all the food in the fridge is hard, I find it easy at uni because I am in full control of the buying but at home I'm not so I'm having to try and stay on top of everything. Also picking all of the vegetables in the garden, let me tell you vegetables grow bloody fast! I'm having to give away eggs and veg because I can't eat all of it! I think if this was all I was having to do I'd be okay but the fact that I'm having to do an adult job doing full days and trying to stay on top of my 9 gym session a week. It is a lot. I think it makes me appreciate my parents a lot more and shows how well they work as a team.

So this week I've been working at a stable. The days have been long and in the first week alone I've managed to walk 125 km, I also was able to get back on a horse and ride this week which felt amazing though my legs haven't been thanking me for that. I'd say that some things I've learnt about horses this week are that they constantly need mucking out or need to be given hay and that when dealing with horses that are being rude you have to tell them they are being rude an stand up for yourself so that they know they can't mess with you. I've also been able to lead horses in lessons which holds a sense of responsibility because you are having to control the horse for the rider and to give the rider tips about what they can be doing better. I have one week left at the stables and in that week I would like to improve my confidence with taking horses out to the fields, picking out back feet and my own riding skill.

I hope that you have enjoyed reading this I'm hoping that next week once I'm off adulting duty I'll be able to do a more informative blog post, I hope that you all have an amazing week and just remember to smile because you never know it could make someones day :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts