A New Begining

Hello lovely people who enjoy/ tolerate my ramblings on the internet. I hope you are all doing well and you are all happy with life at the moment. So I've just got back from Croatia with my best friend and it was one of the most amazing holidays ever ( well most amazing summer holiday because lets face it nothing can beat skiing) we spent 7 days on a sailing yacht which was phenomenal, just slowly making our way around the Croatian islands just off of Split. Then we spent 3 days chilling on a beach in a small town called Trogir. Pure bliss, I can't recommend enough, if you have the funds make sure to go to the islands the company we went with was called MedSailors.

So yesterday I moved into my Uni room, and I'm sure some of you out there who  have been students have felt the same thing but I walked in and immediately I didn't like it, the bed looked like a camp bed and it was all that classic old wood furniture colour. However I made myself stop thinking all, I told myself that once it had my stamp on it then I could make this room my own and look forward to going back there every night. And low and behold once I'd put the bedding on I felt better then my desk decorations had me feeling even better, however there were some big things missing that my mum and I made a note of for when we went onto Ikea. I think that this was a really good plan because I could see what I was provided with and change my list accordingly.

Off to Ikea we went and of course the first thing we had to go and do was eat the Swedish meatballs which were as always the best! after that we walked around the showroom getting lost and wondering when this maze was going to end like usual. But on the bright side I did find a lush set of shelves to put in my room to give me some extra storage space and I actually have yet to put it up in my room but that is my job for Friday. After Ikea we went back to my room, now I should let you know that I didn't get my first choice of accommodation which initially rather upsetting because my friends who is on the same course as me got the first choice that I'd put in. Anyway now I'm actually really happy I'm in the centre because it means I can get to things a lot quicker.

Some serious talk now, I'm terrified about starting Uni I know that I'm not the most intelligent unlike my sister I have to work extremely hard in order to get things into my head and I'm just hoping that at uni I'll be able to deal with the workload, also at the same time I don't want to shut myself out from everyone which is something I know I do do. However I'm going to make a conscious effort not to shut people out, yes it is going to take me a while to make any proper friends but it always does no matter what situation I'm in. Truthfully I just don't want a repeat of my private school experience where I didn't really have any proper friends who actually knew me. But reminding myself to think positively I am sure that that scenario won't happen and I'll settle in just fine.

I will make sure to keep you updated every week on my life and what I've been learning the fails I've lived through and laughed about after and all the tips I can think of from my uni experience. I cannot wait for what the next chapter of my life holds. I hope to all see you there and I hope you have an amazing week, next week look forward to the freshers week blog and my quest to find the perfect gym in Bristol.

Comments

Popular Posts