Travel blog

Hello everyone so today’s post isn’t going to be a veterinary post it is simply going to be me talking about my holiday and the adventures I’ve been on. So let’s get started shall we.

So my boyfriend and I left my house just after I’d finished a 10 hour shift at work to drive up to my grannies where we were staying the night before catching the plane very early on the 20th. So we got to my grannies fine and the family really liked Jack which was great. The flight the next morning was on time I think can’t really say because as soon as we were on the plane I fell asleep and missed the safety announcement and woke up as we were taking off ( this was at like 8am after having got up at 5am). On the flight I luckily got to sit next to the window which was great because I love looking out and seeing all of the scenery below us. One thing I did notice was the dramatic change from the landscape of Portugal to Spain, the roads went from being what looked like dirt tracks to being tarmac roads which was interesting. Beyond that very useless observation the plane journey was uneventful.

Once we’d landed in Madrid we were very lucky and our luggage was one of the first to come out. Security was super cool we went to the eye scanner then you had to scan your thumb and that let you through a gate later on. Super cool right, or I’m just easily pleased either way we got out of the airport quickly and got in a taxi to the apartment. The first day was really very uneventful after spending about 30 mins looking for our block number in a maze of buildings we got to the apartment, snooped around a bit then we both fell asleep for like 2 hours. Upon waking up we went for a food shop. Now one thing you must know is that Jack loves shopping and well let’s just say we went a bit all out but hey ho it’s cheaper than eating out.

Over the weekend we spent the time chilling on Saturday we ventured into Madrid after working out which bus to take. So in Madrid all of the busses stop and one stop plaza de castilla and looking on the map plaza de castilla isn’t that far from the centre of Madrid so we thought we walk it. Oh how wrong we were, after about 2 hours of strolling down the main road we decided the metro was what we needed to work out. So after a helpful man assisted us with ticket purchase we were on our way into the centre. Once we got there we found the main shopping street accidentally, I seem to have a knack for things like this my body just leads me as if it wants me to spend all my money. Anyway we walked all the way down the shopping street and found a really nice place to get sandwiches from. Then on Sunday we spent the whole day at the apartment and in the pool which was so nice just to relax and do nothing.

So Monday to Wednesday we went into Madrid every day. Monday we went to the gym which was an interesting experience. So jack and I are members of anytime fitness in Yeovil where we live however this chain have gyms all over the world so once you are a member of one you can go to all of them so we went to one of the gyms here in Madrid and good god it was boiling no air con just way way way too hot but oh well got a bit of a workout out in which always makes me feel better. After gyming and showering we walked through Retiro park which was so gorgeous and some parts reminded me of the orangerie in Paris which I adore. Then Tuesday we went and did some touristy things like see the palace and the plaza de mayor which were both stunning then we came back reasonably early and chilled. Wednesday was an interesting day on we woke up and I had it in my mind that we were going to the gym early however Jack decided to put on a wash in which he had clothes he wanted to wear that day ( eyes rolling emoji inserted here) so we got to the gym a different one this time slightly later than I thought around 11:30 am and we gymed for 1 hour then we headed back into the centre where we went to our favourite sandwich place again and then walked around for a few hours. Now it was getting very hot by this time and we were walking around outside for around 4 hours. I was supposed to meet a school friend at 5:30 but come 4:30 my body and stopped cooling itself down and I felt like I was either going to pass out or throw up so I had to call my friend and cancel our afternoon plans because heat stroke was not something I wanted. We headed back to the apartment and chill for a bit but then we decided to still go out for dinner which ended up being a great evening so much fun and so nice to catch up with Isa. And that brings us to today a super chill day where we are doing nothing really just relaxing.

I hope you are all having a wonderful summer and enjoying yourselves. Remember to be safe in the sun and stay super hydrated. Try to count your blessings and be thankful for what you have. See you next time.

Comments

Popular Posts