Why do I want to be a vet.

Recently, as UCAS forms are expected to be finished and sent off. People have been asking me, why do you want to be a vet? Now I've given this some thought as I realise it will probably be one of my interview questions and I don't want to give the same old same old answer. So after much thought here goes with why I want to be a vet/ study veterinary.

I want to be a vet because, I want to be the person who see's the reaction of an owner when you both know that you have done the best for their pet, I know this isn't always making the pet or animal better, in some cases it will be putting animals down. However I want to be the person who talks to the owner about all of the choices and if it comes to euthanasia then I want to be there to support them and let them know that it was the best thing for the animal.

I feel that communication is important in veterinary so, speaking with the owners and teaching them about their animals and how to keep them as healthy as possible I believe is very important. I understand that our companionship with our animals is second to none, they know when we are upset or ill and we can tell if something is wrong with them. Most of us always want to do the best by our pets because they love us unconditionally. I want to be the vet who gets that animal better so that the human animal bond can return to full strength.

Studying veterinary however doesn't mean that I have to become a vet. I personally would love to look further into the human animal interaction (HAI). I strongly believe that this bond can be used to aid not only us as humans but also help the animals. I would firstly have to research into animal behaviour, particularly dogs are my interest. Once I have looked into that field of study I can then go on to work with doctors and other medical workers to help with the cross over of research. I feel that this cross over is very important it could help our health system I believe with certain cases, plus bring joy to those who are suffering. So many studies have been done and have proven that animal therapy does work so why don't we use it more.

Finally, helping animals has always been in my nature when I was younger I would always want to find out what was wrong with an animal or as I was walking down a street I would try to make a diagnosis to a pet that looked unwell. I love seeing people happy and I know from personal experience that there is so much joy held with the fact that you know you are doing the best for your pet/animals.

So those are just a few of the many reasons why I want to be a vet I tried to miss out most of the stereotypical ones ( sorry about the penultimate paragraph) but I hope it gives whoever reads this an insight into what I want to do when I'm older and the reasons for it.

Image result for human animal interaction

Comments

Popular Posts